Thursday, December 29, 2005

I told you it was a hit and miss blog...

So we're back off vacation and I'm at home and surprisingly happy about it. Pot of coffee at the ready, I'm back to the grind this morning and wanted to start my day off right. Lot's of coffee, a work-out and a blog entry!

I love visiting relatives and I actually enjoy road trips, but I do get excited rounding the final corner on the street where I live. Ah...home sweet home.

We went to Portales, NM to visit family. You may recognize the name of the little town from my dad's blog, Exile in Portales.

It was great to spend one particularly good night knocking back a few of my favorite beverages with my dad and my wife. We didn't solve world hunger but we sure did have some great discussion. Lots of ranting about the loonies on the left (mostly by my dad and me), discussions about the health and well being of our children, my two younger brothers and pondering retirement options (mine is about 14 years away, while Dad lives that wonderful life!)

It was a late, great night and one of the type that happens much too infrequently these days. As I get older I'm starting to recognize how fast time flies. Time spent with those you love is such a gift...one you can give to yourself...don't put it off, Nike (Just do it!).

Anyway...the coffee has finally had the FULL intended effect...and my new weight bench is calling!

1 comment:

Becky G said...

Sounds like you had a great time. But, like you said, it's good to be home, too.