Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Christmas Party season...

Just back from the first Christmas party of the season. 3 more on tap at this point, and I'm sure they'll be just great, and these parties don't fall into that oh-so-military category lovingly referred to as MANDATORY FUN!

Not sure if this is the same as it is on the outside, but officers and senior non-commissioned officers are expected to attend all organization functions.

Don't get me wrong, I support my organizations,rarely miss a function, and I enjoy doing it. But I'm also an AF geek. I like occaisions that allow me to surround myself with my AF family.

I won't try to convince you that I enjoy every function, but I enjoy most.

My brother is an officer in the Navy and seems to be saddled with more of this type of stuff than I've encountered.

Anyway...

Tonight was a great time, my son enjoyed it, and I had a chance to talk with my classmates about stuff...all in all a very worthwhile evening.

Hoping you have a great holiday season as well!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wait until you retire! Then you can go to REAL Christmas parties, with obnoxious sales/marketing types pontificating about anything/everything, lecherous managers hitting on all the admins, wives (if allowed to attend) viciously one-upping each other, and all sorts of miscellaneous drunks. My God, but it's FUN! (Mandatory, too, if ya know what's good for you.)

AFMAJBUCK said...

One more thing to look forward to!
I can't wait. Does that mean I have to get another job though? Maybe I can just get myself invited to those parties...