Monday, May 07, 2007

Great day! Random thoughts…

The kiddo and I had a great day yesterday…golf was the order of the day and we hit it hard! He has improved so much from last summer. He’s hitting the ball 100+ yards in the air with his driver and actually got a 4 on a par 3 hole yesterday from 119 yards out! I got lucky and birdied that same hole, or he might have beaten me! We played 9 after hitting 3 buckets between us and followed up golf with some baseball practice ( pitching, catch and grounders), until his glove came apart after a particularly great fly-ball snag! He’s growing up so much these days…

Which got me thinking…

Sean may arguably be the best kid I know…and I thank God for it all the time. We have a great relationship and he still thinks I know everything. That won’t last forever, (you’re right Sam!) but I’m hoping I keep doing what has always impressed me about my own father for my entire life. Say “I don’t know” when you don’t know. Sounds simple, but so many people try to BS their way through life by making $hit up…

Anyway…the preparations for the move continue…

South Carolina, here we come. Houses are being looked at, stuff is being packed (we’re moving ourselves!) and plans are being made. Lots going on in preparation for the move…in 26 days!

Mo is graduating in 24 days! Family will be out and we can’t wait to see them.

Longer term plans include a trip to DC in November…so whoever you are at the Pentagon that reads this every once in awhile…drop a comment (or call…the global has my number in it!) and maybe we can do lunch or something?

;)

The “advice to my son” feature (?) is still ongoing…I’ve got a few more drafts sitting on the desktop. Just have to put some finishing touches on them.

Time to go…workout. Then I get to kill pretend bad guys with an M-9 today! Should be fun!!

1 comment:

Buck said...

Thanks for the compliment...they're in short supply, these days! :-)

Trip preparations are beginning in earnest here, too. Which is to say I think I'm gonna hit the road next week after my twice-rescheduled dental appointment on Monday...

Still planning on taking it slow. Still have no idea where or when I'm gonna RON. Still thinking it's gonna be three days up...but I'll play that by ear. I'm looking forward to this!!